16 February, 2018
Erasmus+ The Sport Chapter
By Gerry O Sullivan
Posted: 7 February, 2018
A sum of €45.5m will be available in 2018 under the Erasmus+ Sports Programme. The deadline for the submission of applications is 5 April 2018. This is the 5th year of the initiative and to date some €125m has been allocated to projects all over Europe.
The Sports initiative supports three main activities:
An info day event in Brussels spelt out some of the key factors in making a successful applications:
- Proposals should be coherent
- Proposals should be simple
- Proposals should be evidence-based
- Proposals should be clear
- Proposals should be rigorous
- Proposals should be explicit
- Proposals should use the eform
In a change from past requirements, mandate letters will no longer be needed for partners in the Small Collaborative Partnerships.
Irish involvement in projects funded in 2017 include:
- The European Supporters Alliance in Cork is leading a “Project for a Liaison-based Integrated Approach to Improving Supporter Engagement” with funding of the order of €246,761.
Other organisations involved as Partners:
- University of Limerick
- Dublin City University
- University College Cork
- Mary Immaculate College Limerick
- Institute of Technology Tralee
- Professional Footballers’ Association of Ireland
- Sport Ireland
Ireland Active Leisure Management Company
- The Irish Surfing Association
- Irupa Events Ltd.
The European Network of Academic Sports Services
- Pembroke Wanderers Hockey Club