European Elections 2019 – Be better informed
Posted: 5 March, 2019
The European Commission wishes to draw the attention of citizens to that fact that in less than 100 days, Europeans will cast their vote and decide what’s next for Europe.
The Commission has posed the question:
- What if we told you that in less than 100 days, you have the power to shape the future?
This important election will determine the direction of our society, affecting your life and that of generations to come.
A range of tools has been put together to help inform people of the issues including the importance of actually voting:
There is also a facility to enable young people all over Europe to share their stories on how the EU has helped them reach their full potential.
The following links also provide a wealth of relevant information
- The central elections page of the European Parliament or How to vote in each Member State and Why : https://www.european-elections.eu/
- The link to the “This time I’m voting” platform of the European Parliament with various engagement opportunities, events near you, etc. https://www.thistimeimvoting.eu/
- The #EUandME campaign, targeting young people: https://europa.eu/euandme/
- 2,000 factsheets about what the EU does for you – https://www.what-europe-does-for-me.eu/
- A free download centre (toolkits, banners, posters, leaflets, postcards, photo frame, stickers, …) http://www.europarl.europa.eu/downloadcentre/en