Erasmus+ HE and COVID-19
- Since the outbreak of COVID-19, Irish visa applications have been suspended globally with the exception of certain priority/emergency visas.
- The resumption of visa services will be coordinated with local restrictions in overseas visa offices in China, India, UAE, Turkey, Nigeria, Russia, the UK and the Dublin office. Where possible it is intended to resume services from the 22nd of June and where it isn’t possible to resume from the 22nd of June, as soon as possible thereafter. In all other locations, the resumption of services will be at the discretion of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- During the initial phase of re-opening, offices will only be accepting Long Stay “D” visa applications, including Study, as well as those identified under the current criteria as Emergency/Priority Short Stay visas. For more information, please see the following links:
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade – Visas for Ireland
- Irish Council for International Students – Information and Advice
- Irish Council for International Students – Visas and Immigration
NA Guidelines for Erasmus+ HE
- Please see the following NA Guidelines for the Sector 28 April 2020.
- Please see the following Erasmus+ COVID-19 Disrupted and Cancelled Mobilities Template. We ask all International Officers to use the template to systematically capture information concerning disrupted and cancelled Erasmus mobilities for students and staff.
- Please see the following communication from the Erasmus+ NA at the HEA and the Department of Education and Skills here:
- For more information about COVID 19 arrangements across Europe, click here.
- Please see the General COVID-19 Travel Advisory from the Department of Foreign Affairs here.
- Please see below information provided by the European Commission in relation to Erasmus+ HE and COVID-19
- If you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org